The Morphy Richards SuperVac 732000 cordless vacuum cleaner is one of the cheapest cordless models from a major brand at the moment – and it’s received excellent reviews from buyers. It’s also a “2 in 1” vacuum, which means it doubles as a handheld as well as upright appliance.
But can the 732000’s suction power and battery life match more expensive cordless vacuums such as the Gtech AirRam? Or are you better off spending more to get a higher quality cordless? That’s what we aim to uncover in this review.
Overview of Morphy Richards 732000 Features
- 2-in-1 model with hand-held and upright modes. This makes it suitable for cleaning almost any part of your home.
- The 732000 is also capable of strong suction on both carpet and hard floors.
- Relatively lightweight at 3.5kg – so it can be used for both major cleaning sessions and minor dry spillages.
- Cordless vacuum with a 20 minute run-time.
- The handle collapses for easy storage in cupboards or other small spaces.
- The head swivels to increase ease of use.
- Range of accessories to cope with almost any cleaning requirement.
- Two year guarantee (you must register the vacuum to access this guarantee).
In-Depth Look at the Morphy Richards 732000
On the surface, the Morphy Richards seem to have an excellent feature set considering the low price. Let’s take a deeper look at the model to see what you get for your money (you can also check out our list of the best models by this company by clicking here).
Appearance and Design
Like most cordless vacuums, the 732000 has a slim and stylish design. It looks similar to a regular mains-powered upright vacuum – Morphy Richards hasn’t done anything drastically different with the appearance. The 732000 is only available in grey on most shopping sites, but there are similar models in different colours (such as the 73002 in titanium).
The most interesting design feature is the hand-held mode. This is a convenient feature that sets the 732000 apart from many other cordless models.
Battery Life and Power
The Morphy Richards 732000 is powered by a standard 14V battery. It has a run time of approximately 20 minutes on a full charge, compared with 30+ minutes for models with Lithium-ion batteries.
While the 20 minute run-time isn’t as long as other cordless vacuums, it should be long enough for most cleaning jobs. It takes approximately five hours to fully charge the vacuum, which is also slightly longer than pricier vacuums.
As a budget cordless vacuum, the Morphy Richards 732000 isn’t designed to be a powerhouse when it comes to suction. It does, however, perform well on both carpets and hard floors. Many buyers mention that the 732000 provides a surprising amount of suction and rivals much more expensive models – so it’s certainly no slouch.
The 732000 is also built with a motorised brush, which is effective at picking up dust, dirt and other undesirables from both carpet and hard floors. The brush goes up to the edge of the head, which means you can effectively clean right up to the skirting board.
Ease of Use
The 732000 is designed for convenience. Here’s an overview of the usability features:
- The 732000 is a cordless vacuum which allows for excellent flexibility when cleaning.
- The detachable hand-held mode is perfect for reaching hard-to-vacuum places. It’s also great for cleaning a car.
- It only weighs approximately 3.9 kg, so is easy to carry up and down stairs.
- The dust canister is simple to detach from the handheld mode for easy emptying. Fast emptying is important, as the capacity of 0.3L is relatively small.
- The handle can be collapsed, making it easy to store the 732000.
- The head is attached via a swivel pivot for easy manoeuvrability.
In summary, the Morphy Richards 732000 is a flexible vacuum that’s easy to use – but it can’t compete with more expensive models in terms of suction power. It can vacuum any surface, is easy to carry and can clean almost any nook and cranny in your home, but Morphy Richards has positioned it as a “secondary” vacuum for quick jobs.
The 732000 comes with a simple standard filter. This needs regular cleaning to maintain performance. Ideally, the filter should be cleaned whenever you empty the dust canister.
The 732000 doesn’t come with a HEPA filter. If you have a dust allergy or asthma, this may mean it isn’t suitable for your home. You can, however, buy compatible HEPA filters that fit the model (although we haven’t researched how effective these are).
While it has some excellent features, it’s the price that really makes the Morphy Richards 732000 2 in 1 cordless vacuum cleaner stand out. With an RRP of just £99.99, the 732000 is significantly cheaper than other cordless models we’ve reviewed – and you can often find it even cheaper online.
The 732000 is designed to be an all-round cleaning tool, so it’s no surprise that it comes with basic accessories. These include a crevice tool, upholstery brush and a dusting brush.
- The SuperVac 732000 is classified as “low noise” by the manufacturer. A reviewer mentions that the vacuum is significantly quieter than a regular vacuum.
- The charging cradle doubles as an accessory holder.
- Like most cordless vacuums, the 732000 is a bagless model for extra convenience.
Morphy Richards SuperVac 732000 Reviews
The Morphy Richards SuperVac 732000 is one of the most popular cordless vacuums on many online shopping sites. While this is largely due to its price, the vacuum provides excellent value for money which is appreciated by buyers. It’s not meant to be a full replacement for a mains powered upright vacuum, but for small clean-up jobs it’s convenient and easy to use. Let’s take a look at some of the positive comments by buyers.
- A reviewer writes that he’s been impressed by both the performance and convenience of the 732000. He lives in a small flat with both hard floors and thick carpets. The 732000 provides a surprising amount of suction power that picks up almost anything on the first pass. He mentions that it only struggles with fluff that’s stuck deep in the carpet, but this is common for most vacuums.
- In contrast to Morphy Richard’s claim that the SuperVac 732000 is meant as a secondary model, a reviewer writes that it provides the same suction power as her mains-powered Dyson. She also writes that the 20 minute charge is more than enough to clean her home, and that the handheld mode is great for cleaning her car.
- Another reviewer writes that it used to take 20 minutes to vacuum his home, due to constantly changing plug sockets, tripping over cords and hefting the vacuum up and down stairs. Yet with the 732000, the job only takes five minutes.
- Many reviewers love the lightweight design of the 732000, and praise how easy and enjoyable it makes vacuuming their home.
And now let’s look at a few of the negative comments to help you make an informed decision:
- One of the most common complaints is that the small dust capacity means the 732000 needs to be emptied regularly. Reviewers mention it is effective at compressing dust though.
- On a similar note, a reviewer writes that the vacuum filter needs to be cleaned after almost every use, otherwise the suction power quickly diminishes.
The Morphy Richards SuperVac 732000 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner is an excellent cordless model that provides exceptional value for money. While it’s not as powerful as heavy duty vacuums, it’s perfect for running over your carpets or flooring – and still packs a surprising punch when it comes to suction power. It has a relatively small dust capacity, but if you don’t mind emptying it regularly it’s one of the best cordless vacuums in this price range. Click here for the 732000’s price.
We're sorry you didn't find this article useful!
Please tell us how we can improve this content in the box below: