The BISSELL 2635s handheld steam cleaner is the company’s first foray into the handheld cleaner market. But can the model match the quality of competing steam cleaner brands? And is the 2635s worth the money? Let’s find out!
Overview of BISSELL 2635s Features
- Lightweight handheld steam cleaner with excellent power considering its small size.
- 4.8 metre cable so you don’t need to switch plug sockets as often.
- Compact design that’s easy to hold.
- Works on almost any hard surface.
- 11 accessories, such as a fabric steamer and window squeegee, are included.
- The 360ml capacity water tank rivals that of larger upright models (such as the Vax S86-SF-CC).
- It also has an indicator light and “steam on demand” trigger.
- The BISSELL 2635s comes with a limited one year guarantee.
In-Depth Look at the BISSELL 2635s Handheld Steam Cleaner
On the surface, the BISSELL 2635s seems to be a model that’s easy to ignore. That would be a mistake though. While it doesn’t have many advanced features, it is sold for a low price and has excellent buyer reviews. Let’s take a look at the features in more detail.
Appearance and Design
Let’s start with how it looks. The BISSELL 2635s Steam Shot has a basic red and white appearance that doesn’t have the futuristic style of more expensive models. Even so, it’s not an ugly machine, and the physical appearance is probably the least important factor when selecting a handheld steam cleaner.
With its compact body, easy-to-hold handle and accessory nozzle, the BISSELL 2635s is straightforward and enjoyable to clean with. It’s a lightweight handheld cleaner, weighing just 2.3kg, so you won’t get tired while using it (although at least one reviewer has disputed this).
The steam is activated by an “on demand” trigger. This allows for greater control over exactly when the steam will be released, but the downside is you need to keep your finger on the trigger.
A hose is included with the BISSELL 2635s for getting into difficult areas. It’s 0.8 metres long, and is useful for tasks such as cleaning clothes and curtains. Accessories can be fit to the end of the hose via the accessory nozzle.
Re-filling the cleaner is simple due to the pouring jug, and the 4.8 metre cable is long enough for most tasks. Overall, the BISSELL 2635s is well-designed and easy to use – which is important for a budget handheld steam cleaner.
Cleaning Power and Water Capacity
The BISSELL 2635s is a handheld steamer, so you wouldn’t expect it to match the power of more expensive models. Even so, the BISSELL is suitable for cleaning hard surfaces, hard floors and upholstery. It struggles with carpet, but may still be able to handle small spot cleaning tasks.
As we mentioned in the features overview, the 360ml water tank is relatively large for such a small model. The result is that you should be able to use the cleaner for longer periods than models with a smaller tank, although the steam time also depends on the amount of steam generated by the model.
Like many steam cleaners, the BISSELL 2635s comes with a number of accessories and attachments for different cleaning tasks. Aside from the detachable extension hose and extra long cable, the model comes with:
- Window squeegee for cleaning glass windows.
- Grout brush for getting between tiles.
- 3 piece detail brush kit for getting rid of stubborn dirt.
- Angle concentrator tool.
- Flat scraping tool for getting rid of gum or even removing wallpaper.
- Fabric steamer for removing creases from curtains or clothing.
Tools can be attached via the accessory nozzle, or the accessory nozzle can be used alone for extended reach without the extension hose. A pouring jug is also included with the model.
With an RRP of £50, there are certainly cheaper steam cleaners available. Don’t let that put you off though – the BISSELL 2635s is one of the highest rated on the market, and there are often deals available. We think it provides excellent value for money considering the large number of accessories, generous water tank and easy-to-use design.
- A safety cap is included with the device for greater peace of mind.
- BISSELL offers a one year limited warranty on this device (make sure you read the warranty carefully before buying any steam cleaner or other home appliance).
BISSELL 2635s Reviews
One of the best ways to judge the quality and performance of a steam cleaner is to read reviews from buyers. The 2635s has received strong reviews from buyers, and has a high average rating on many shopping sites (at the time of writing). Here’s a selection of positive comments from buyers:
- A reviewer was pleased with how thoroughly the vacuum cleaned her cupboards and tiles. She adds that after cleaning the surfaces looked “as good as new.”
- Another reviewer found the 2635s to be useful for cleaning mould in his bathroom.
- Other reviewers praise the versatility of the machine, with it able to clean limescale, mirrors, doors and curtains.
- A satisfied buyer writes that she has been impressed by how well it cleans windows – especially as it doesn’t leave smears. She adds that she now “wouldn’t be without it.”
- Finally, a reviewer writes that the BISSELL 2635s is a great model as long as she kept her expectations in check. She writes that it cleans the kitchen relatively well, and is effective for removing stains that otherwise would require lots of scrubbing. Finally, while you sometimes need to wipe surfaces down with a cloth after cleaning with the machine, she says this is a “small price to pay” for not needing to use dangerous chemicals or a lot of elbow grease!
As always, there are some negative comments about the BISSELL 2635s too. Here’s a selection:
- Despite the 2.3kg weight, a reviewer still found the machine too heavy to use for extended cleaning sessions (such as in his bathroom). He found the cleaning power to be acceptable, but was disappointed that it wasn’t lighter.
- A buyer writes that the BISSELL 2635s doesn’t provide the cleaning power she expected. While it cleans her windows effectively, she found it doesn’t have the power for other tasks she was hoping to use it for. She also recommends letting it cool before opening, as the lid sometimes comes off too quickly allowing hot water to splash out.
- Another reviewer writes that the machine runs out of water too quickly, which interrupts her cleaning sessions too often.
If you’re looking for a straightforward handheld steam cleaner that doesn’t cost much money, the BISSELL 2635s could be the perfect option. The 11 accessories make it a versatile machine, and it has received strong reviews from buyers who are impressed with its cleaning power.
Of course, it’s important to have realistic expectations. The BISSELL 2635s isn’t going to have the cleaning power of an industrial cleaner, especially considering it’s often available for less than £50. But, for the price, there are few handheld steam cleaners that can match it for performance.
We're sorry you didn't find this article useful!
Please tell us how we can improve this content in the box below: